Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer III - IBM Rules Engine
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Loan Accounting Technology team is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to assist with engineering efforts of high-impact applications.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
· Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
· Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
· Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
· Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies.
· Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
· Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
· Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
· Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
· Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
5+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 5+ years of software engineering experience designing and developing applications using Java/JEE (Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot)
· 4+ years of expertise in large-scale business rules driven technology using ODM (ILOG JRules) rule engines
· Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases – Oracle, SQL and ORM technologies
· Experience with Agile Scrum and CI/CD – SVN, Git, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
· Experience with source control management (SVN, GIT, Mercurial, CVS)
· Experience or exposure to building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Redshift, ELB, Lambda, PostgreSQL etc.)
· Experience with test-driven development
· Development experience in the Financial Services or FinTech
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55633