Fannie Mae Careers
Accounting Policy Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Responsible for the delivery of timely and value-added technical accounting support to stakeholders across the organization. Executes technical accounting research and participates in, or leads, special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Delivers guidance and advisory services to stakeholders in connection with the application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to new, significant or non-routine transactions executed by the Company including, but not limited to, securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions.
- Prepares technical accounting analyses that must be well documented, soundly reasoned and demonstrate a clear understanding of covered business activities.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with finance partners and other stakeholders in order to understand the business and to provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives.
- Monitors standard setting developments in GAAP that could impact the Company's accounting policies, practices and disclosures.
- Participates in the presentation of interpretative views to management that pertain to new or non-standard transactions or standard setting developments in GAAP.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in driving the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements while ensuring that the Company's accounting policies comply with new authoritative guidance.
- Reviews business requirements for new systems, provides direction on systems development (related to accounting functionality) and supports testing efforts on an as needed basis.
- Reviews select disclosures to be made in the Company's financial statements and collaborates with financial reporting resources to ensure accuracy and completeness of such information.
- Participates in the development of and delivery of internal accounting and reporting training courses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CPA License required
- 6+ years of related experience in the financial services industry required
- Public Accounting experience required
- Working knowledge of US GAAP guidance related to securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions
- Advanced knowledge and experience preparing technical accounting analyses that are well documented, soundly reasoned, and demonstrate a clear understanding of covered business activities
- Experience establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with finance partners and other stakeholders in order to understand the business and to provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55609