Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Participate in or lead month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, to identify or track trends. Consolidate work done by other analysts into final report.
- Assess data retrieved from archive or data warehouse for data integrity for analytical purposes; sort, partition or segment data for further analysis by self or others.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users in the business unit. Coordinate development of data files, testing and validation in the acceptance phase, and migration of data requirements to production phase of the application life-cycle.
- May conduct specific analyses of financial or operating data to satisfy certain regulatory requirements or to establish required internal controls over business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management.
- Prior experience with reporting and forecasting in an FP&A environment, as well as some working knowledge of general accounting principles (preparing and validating accruals/ re-class activity, performing reconciliations, etc).
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, if/then statements and other advanced calculations and formulas).
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Prior experience creating workbooks with Tableau is preferred, but not required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55603