Fannie Mae Careers
Real Estate Review Appraiser II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, utilize an advanced level of knowledge of appraisal standards and processes to conduct retrospective valuation reviews on appraisal reports used by seller/servicers to determine if they supported the lending decision. Ensure the appraisal meets internal and external guidelines and standards. Partner with team members in order to effectively achieve individual objectives, as well as, organizational results. Perform special projects as requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform forensic desk review to independently validate the quality and accuracy of appraisal reports based upon thorough analysis and sound judgment. Ensure compliance with eligibility standards and lender contracts.
- Identify any potential risk factors such as misrepresentation, eligibility, documentation and validation issues.
- Conduct research and analysis on Fannie Mae collateral utilizing internal/external property valuation tools, resources and expertise.
- Prepare reports or perform data entry noting review findings, issues and/or concerns and interact with internal teams and/or lenders, as necessary, to obtain documentation or request resolution.
- Determine appropriate actions to take with regard for department and company policies.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all Fannie Mae's guidelines, products and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Active state appraisal license or certification
- Advanced experience with appraisal review or valuation of single family, 2-4 family, condominium, cooperative, land trusts, leasehold, factory-built properties
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and research skills, ability to conceptualize issues and develop complex processes, procedures or solutions
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, including written, and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to work under time constraints, good interpersonal skills, high degree of initiative
- Possessing intellectual flexibility. Demonstrated ability to integrate new information and draw conclusions from it.
- Receptiveness - particularly to change. Able to respond with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to achieve targets and objectives is a key competency.
- Working knowledge of Fannie Mae valuation guidelines
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55573