Fannie Mae Careers
Sr. IT Internal Auditor
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Auditor - Specialty III assists with planning, executing and reporting audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Fully demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. Demonstrate developing specialized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations as it relates to models, risk management, or technology systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply specialized technical knowledge and expertise to perform reviews relating to the full life cycle of models, information technology applications, or risk management/analysis used across the company.
- Successfully perform all key job functions of the Internal Auditor - Specialty role at a higher level of complexity, scope and autonomy. Coordinate and lead audit team meetings to discuss the audit plan, including audit background, preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the Annual Audit Planning process), audit budget, audit execution schedule, affected departments, contacts and expectations. Take ownership and independently manage subsets of audits with minimal oversight from Audit Manager/Director - Specialty.
- Conduct first-level review of Internal Auditor - Specialty work and documentation; leverage Internal Audit Manager/Director - Specialty guidance as needed. Review audit documentation; begin to determine risks and the potential impact of risks on the organization. Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits. Validate and document Risk Control Matrix; write test procedures based on Risk Control Matrix. Draft audit reports; revise and finalize with Audit Manager/Director - Specialty.
- Write ICIs, discuss with audit management and validate issues with customers; assist with additional report writing as needed. Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant audit concerns. Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas and recommendations with the Internal Audit Manager/Director - Specialty and Internal Audit teams.
- Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to Internal Auditor - Specialty. Share knowledge of specialty areas to build knowledge and capabilities across Internal Audit. Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels. Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partner managers and staff to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- CFA, FRM/PRM, CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CISM, CISSP
- 3+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Candidate must have significant experience with SOX IT General Controls (ITGC) testing with focus on access management and logging and monitoring.
- Required experience with the preparation of SOX issues.
- Required experience with review and closure of issue corrective actions.
- Experience coordinating the work of other team members.
- Experience with Oracle, Sybase, IDMS, Unix, Active Directory, LDAP, and Mainframe (ACF/ACF2).
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong verbal and written skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55571