Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
· Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects involving application development, migrations, additions to existing applications.
· Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
· Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team.
· Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
· Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards.
· Guide programmers/developers on technical issues.
· Develop or review development of test protocols for testing application before user acceptance.
· Review test results and direct further development.
· May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
· May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
· May mentor or guide work of less experienced programming and development staff.
· Ability to envision the product based on the requirements/architecture and break it down to components for development purpose.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
· 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 8+ years of programming or solutions lead experience with Java, J2EE, XML, and Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
· Minimum of 7 years of experience developing in distributed application environments (Database, Transaction Management)
· 6 years of experience writing conceptual and detailed design documents, and developing large scale enterprise applications following an Agile execution model
· 5-6 years of experience as a team lead, preferred
· Minimum 4 years of experience in developing/deploying solutions to AWS Cloud (S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and other AWS modules)
· Experience in developing APIs using Spring Boot framework, ideally with Docker container or OpenShift Cloud Platform (OCP)
· Demonstrated experience with the use of Design patterns and ability to use commonly used patterns in real time situations.
· Experience with Deploying the applications using the CICD practices.
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Nice to have (Any combination of the below experience is preferred):
· Minimum 2-4 years of Experience with Drupal 7 or 8 and exposure to Acquia platform
· Hands on Experience with AI programming using Python/R or Tensor flow is highly desired
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55563