Fannie Mae Careers
Reporting Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under general direction, Reporting Analyst II will be responsible for executing reporting strategy for portfolio data collected from applications and related processes within the department.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process and Data Requirements Analysis and Testing Perform analysis and support continuous improvement of portfolio management and governance processes, with a particular focus on data and reporting.
- Design business data communications and reporting requirements as an integral part of all projects.
- Execute reporting quality assurance testing for applicable reporting requirements within all projects
- Data Extraction and Analysis Utilize available applications/tools to query portfolio data and extract data as needed for reporting analysis/development or for customer delivery.
- Analyze data for both reporting development as well as trend identification, event impact analysis, process measurement/improvement, and observation/summarization for senior management attention.
- Conduct research and analysis and examine risk elements of portfolio or public data to present trends, assess risk, and provide mitigation recommendations to management .
- Report Design, Stakeholder Management, and Report Delivery Utilize available applications/tools to design report drafts/mock-ups for iterative stakeholder review.
- Prepare reporting deliverables.
- Utilize available applications/tools to develop adhoc/automated reporting for all levels of the organization.
- Support communications, training, and end user support efforts with reporting awareness and usage guidance.
- Prepare reporting to all applicable levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Innovative, self-motivated, decisive, independent thinker
- Highly collaborative and works well on a team
- Project management experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to support reporting initiatives (development and automation of reports)
- Working knowledge of the data concepts (Data Mapping, Data Quality, Exception Handling, Data Controls etc.)
- Demonstrated high proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, InfoPath, Access, Tableau and SQL
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability to use different databases (i.e., Sybase, Oracle, and/or Netezza)
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to review/analyze complex data and to exercise judgment in solving problems
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55560