Fannie Mae Careers
Credit Risk Analyst III/Reporting Analyst
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Develop, recommend, and implement reporting on credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Develop, evaluate and apply credit management models and reporting on current assets and underwritten products to mitigate credit & valuation risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Able to effectively communicate and translate between technical team members and business team members to design and implement solutions. Able to take a problem described by a business user and understand the root cause and design reporting solutions that go beyond scope of initial problem.
- Often will be the sole engine for creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for their self-developed analytical products.
- Conduct credit analyses using advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- Develop model approaches to new credit enhancement and risk sharing agreements. Work with business unit management to determine appropriate strategies for entering new mortgage markets with high model uncertainty.
- Advise marketing staff or customers about corporate credit policies and counsel them to adopt practices that assure better chance of success in deals or transactions.
- May lead analytical, policy development, or integration effort within unit or with other corporate departments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent technical aptitude with SAS, Tableau and SQL.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to design algorithms, intuitive data visualizations, and key business metrics.
- Ability to systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and evaluate data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in providing insights and/or explaining complex analysis to business partners.
- Demonstrated level of aptitude for learning new items and bringing them to bear in their work, with a deep curiosity.
- Willing to experiment with ideas but fails early when a research path is not working out.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and the energy to take on a growing portfolio of responsibilities.
- Experience in financial services/banking industry and mortgage industry preferred.
- Has prior experience in analyst roles.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55559