Fannie Mae Careers
Capital Markets Analytics Scrum Master III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Promotes the agile mindset in agile teams, challenging and removing organizational and cultural impediments. They are constantly guiding teams in discovery and learning. The Scrum Master also helps a team through change, helping identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity and quality and defining transformation vision and goal. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team/program, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies and practices. Leads a scaled Agile implementation leveraging various Agile frameworks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as the combined Product Owner and Scrum Master in an assigned program/portfolio
- As Product Owner, i. facilitates development of overall program and portfolio vision and measured goals, ii. creates and manages the product backlog, iii. facilitates prioritization of user stories with business sponsors, iv. acts as primary point of contact to scrum team for any clarification of user stories, v. defines success criteria as agreed to by business sponsors, and vi. Represents business sponsors for all escalations and decisions required by the scrum team to move forward with a sprint phase
- As Scrum Master, i. coaches and mentors scrum team members in the program, ii. responsible for the continuous improvement of Agile practices in the program, iii. establishes cadence for sprints and program increments, iv. facilitates key scrum team and business acceptance work sessions (e.g. the Scrum of Scrums, release planning workshops, sprint inspection and business adoption, scrum ceremonies for the teams Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo
- Utilizes Agile tools (e.g. Rally, Jira, Lean Kit, etc.) for planning and tracking work performed by teams.
- Facilitates the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serves as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Resolves organization impediments and deflect external interruptions during sprints.
- Tracks and produces key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup charts).
- Acts as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of Fannie Mae's business functions, the mortgage industry, and mortgage-related securities; extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and team building skills; sound business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- Knowledge of product owner and scrum master agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Burn Down Metrics, and Velocity.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Resource Management Skills - ability to determine supply and demand and obtain necessary resources across a matrixed organization to complete work successfully.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation. Solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with project management software such as Jira.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55558