Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes. Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Design test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Provide technical guidance or consultation to less senior staff. Serve as technical lead on projects to develop more accurate or refined analytical applications used in pricing, valuation, risk assessment, and the like.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Prior quantitative and finance training, including experience with solving unclear and/or difficult problems.
- Demonstrated experience with complex data/information analysis and solid understanding of modeling concepts around econometric equations, and model performance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to both work independently and effectively as a senior team member.
- Detailed oriented with an ability to thrive in changing environment and willingness to take on additional assignments.
- Demonstrated business skills, excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Well-developed ability to provide insights from the analysis and communicate these to senior management, business and analytical/modelling audience.
- Advance Knowledge of Finance, Statistics or Mathematics.
- Advance knowledge of statistical analysis tools, SAS as well as scripting language (UNIX shell scripts) and databases (Oracle/SQL Server).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55557