Fannie Mae Careers
Security Operations Center Detection Team Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and administer procedures in the organization that sustain the security of the organization's data and access to its technology and communications systems. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May lead or execute simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Respond to critical alarms involving the security operations center and provide assistance in resolving alarms. Update upper management on the status of critical alarms.
- Lead projects as related to technology refresh/evaluation such as security tool deployment, Load Balancing, and SSL technology. Research corrective measures (long term solutions) needed for any chronic issues identified that compromise security of particular systems or platforms.
- Plan or lead projects designed to develop and test new methodologies and systems. Create policies and procedures for security operations center work.
- Work with internal and external auditors to verify controls and address gaps accordingly.
- Plan, manage, document, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff. Make provision for their technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Escalate incidents to the Incident Response Team and coordinate closely with the Cyber Intelligence Team.
- Report to the Director of Threat Detection and Response.
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security required.
- Experience with ArcSight preferred.
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network-based intrusions.
- Knowledge of industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and methods.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of penetration testing principles, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies.
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis methods.
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., buffer overflow, mobile code, cross-site scripting, Procedural Language/Structured Query Language [PL/SQL] and injections
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55555