Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Financial Reporting and Accounting Services team in Herndon, VA is looking for a Software Engineer that will serve as Techno-Functional PeopleSoft Consultant in all phases of the system life cycle (analysis, design, develop, test, and implementation) to support PeopleSoft Financials development initiatives and other related integration efforts. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in some or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proficient in the fundamentals of unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Awareness of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Ability to learn and apply behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new or revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Understand and utilize Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- May respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 0 – 3 years of related experience
- 0 – 2 years of experience of overall technical experience in system design, project development and production support of large applications/systems.
- Education focused on a technical degree and/or have experience through internships in coding.
- 1 – 2 years of coding experience in a modern language such as Java, Python, C++ etc. either through professional work or school.
- Eager to learn and has a passion for new technologies such as PeopleSoft.
- Experience with SQL skills either through classes or in a professional environment .
- Experience with supporting applications in a UNIX environment (Scripting).
- Experience with Oracle Databases and XML.
- Solid understanding of core business processes of Financials modules would be a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55551