Fannie Mae Careers
Quantitative Engineer II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use advanced computational, mathematical, statistical, or data analysis tools to apply financial or economic theory in creating, implementing or testing modeling and analytical software systems for use in product development, pricing, portfolio management, forecasting, risk management and other business applications.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Under the direction of supervisor or senior staff, develop and implement all components of financial models, cash flow simulations, P&L and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management.
- Translate complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code.
- Design and execute test cases, under supervision, for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Help design and execute modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud. Perform tasks to assess model implementation quality and production control risk under supervision.
- Execute model application runs, process/validate model outputs, and produce quantitative reports for business use.
- Evaluate system requirements for model and analytical applications such as computing power, storage, network, and security.
- Monitor emerging technologies and industry best practices of model and analytical system implementation.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Work and collaborate effectively, as part of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Model or analytics software development experiences and familiar with at least one programming language and SQL data query.
- Experiences with system development life cycle (SDLC) processes including requirements, design, testing, and production controls.
- Demonstrated project management skills and good technical writing skills (e.g., technical report, memo etc.)
- Preferred experiences include Risk Management/Oversight, Machine Learning (ML)/Data Science, Cloud platforms, and Agile
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req ID: 55548