Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of a financial management, product, or trading unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in financial IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess procedures and business processes in a financial management, accounting, transactional, or business operations unit for methods of automating them or improving existing applications supporting them.
- Participate in meetings with financial management, Accounting, or product management staff and application developers and project managers to plan development or upgrades of applications used by their offices or business units.
- Perform and document testing and acceptance of newly developed financial management software for business unit who will be using it.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking and troubleshooting problems and ensuring continued and efficient operation of application in production, and full access by its users.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from financial management applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to adapt communication style to address different audiences.
- Ability to absorb information from multiple sources and produce clear and concise communications for ultimate presentation to the customer.
- Well organized with ability to manage time and resources in an effective way to complete assignments
- Must be highly motivated, reliable self-starter and can be counted on to complete assignments with minimal oversight
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Must have good time management skills and ability to multi-task, able to adapt to new requirements and readjust as needed to complete an assignment
- Able to assist with planning, organizing, scheduling meetings and project activities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55543