Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer II - Multifamily
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- 3+ years of experience in Java/JEE (Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate), Oracle, and Web Services (RESTful API’s, SOAP, JMS, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with AWS Development using S3, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk and other AWS modules
- Experience with multi-tier application architectures and deployments
- Experience with one or more Application servers such as (JBoss, WebLogic, TCServer, etc.)
- Ability to write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, is a self-starter, embraces continuous learning and improvement
- Familiar with GIT repositories (Bit Bucket) and Agile Methodology/SCRUM/Kanban
- Experience with Angular 4/5/6 development
- Experience with Drupal 7 or 8/Acquia, Python
- Experience in developing APIs using Spring Boot framework, ideally with Docker container or OpenShift Cloud Platform (OCP)
- Experience with any ESB technology such as TIBCO BW/BE, Mulesoft etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55537