Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Software Engineer - Capital Markets
- In an Agile environment, participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing and in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Serve as system subject matter expert
- Execute problem solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of large scale applications.
- Contribute to test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Must have at least 6 years’ experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies.
- Experience with Full-Stack Development (or preference for Front-End or Back-End) with strong understanding of all tiers especially Web/Middleware layer.
- Experience with Spring (Core, MVC, Security, Boot) framework and Hibernate object-relational mapping framework.
- Experience with one UI framework such as Angular, Backbone, React.js, and JQuery.
- Must have experience with WebServices (REST/SOAP) and data formats like JSON and XML.
- Experience working within Agile/Scrum environments and able to communicate with Team, Stakeholders, and Product Owners to ensure adherence to Agile principles and Scum values
- Experience embracing transparency within the team and external to the team
- Experience with AWS Native Services like ELB, S3, Lambda, and PostgreSQL
- Understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting is a plus.
- Experience with SVN (Subversion), Github, Eclipse/STS, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of relational Databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures
- Passion for continuous improvement through acting as a change agent while delivering business value
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55535