Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Working knowledge of creating and maintaining SQL scripts
- System Admin experience with a SaaS/web-based application
- Application configuration experience (.net)
- Working knowledge of networking/connectivity when dealing with a cloud-based solution outside of FM’s firewall (e.g., URL behavior, SAML, SSO)
- Working knowledge of user-based access protocols (e.g., LDAP, Active Directory, IAG, Entitlements)
- Excellent MS Excel and Access DB skills
- Working knowledge of procurement processes
- Application testing experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with data analysis
- Knowledge of spend analytics and procurement business intelligence
- Excellent documentation skills
- Highly self-disciplined
- Customer Service focused
- Takes initiative to research issues, determine possible solutions, and recommend best solution after considering all factors (customer impact, technical ease, maintenance ease)
- Ability to multi-task and escalate as needed
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Open to learning from others
- Able to mentor/teach others
- Always striving to improve the systems and the customer experience in using the systems
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55506