Fannie Mae Careers
Real Estate Appraiser II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate under limited supervision in managing the property valuation process for assigned properties by obtaining appraisals and determining accurate real estate property valuations. Prepare and review accurate, current, and accessible reports. Provide local market intelligence reporting. Perform special projects requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review valuation products for accuracy. Reconcile any discrepancies between multiple valuation products.
- Prepare a report to document inadequacies identified through the review process if the valuation product is deemed unacceptable.
- Review and determine effect of repairs, if any, on property values. Review photos for potential insurance issues to identify claimable insurance losses.
- Provide valuation training for assigned appraisers. Monitor appraiser performance. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate, well supported values are obtained for assigned properties. Monitor adherence to corporate policies and procedures, including the firm's valuation guidelines and other valuation tools.
- Gather market trends for designated territories.
- May perform moderately complex projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have a state designated real estate appraisal license or certification
- Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Role requires the production of comprehensive written reports as well as effective presentations to internal or external groups in person or via video conferencing
- Technical skills required include proficiency in Excel, Power Point and SharePoint
- Preference to candidates with reporting and analytics experience including proficiency with applications such as Tableau
- Competency in real estate market analysis including the capability to consistently monitor and effectively disseminate the most relevant aspects to multiple teams across the organization
- Proficiency in appraisal review in addition to experience in REO valuation
- Experience completing quality assurance related functions for multiple valuation products and regions and experience managing appraisers, trainees and/or appraiser panels preferred
- Additional experience in REO
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55501