Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Capital Markets Architecture
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Director- Capital Markets Architecture is accountable to ensure sound, secure and robust solutions are delivered to our Capital Markets and technology partners. This role requires leading a team of highly qualified finance, solution, and enterprise architects in building and designing Capital Markets trading systems. This role also requires influencing peers, managing support teams to adopt best practices, and development of architecture patterns across finance, security, cloud and infrastructure areas.
Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
The Director Capital Markets Architecture is accountable for all infrastructure /technical decisions that impact Capital Market projects, programs, and shared services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Deliver the future state Capital Markets Architecture and a roadmap to support our Capital Markets business portfolio.
- Establish target state and transition architecture that will support the design and delivery of our future trading platforms:
- Leverage Design Thinking to ensure we refine requirements and prioritize backlog of business capabilities
- Leverage industry insights to influence the approach we take with technology
- Define, articulate and demonstrate the business and technical capabilities needed to transform our business and operations
- Establishing deployment patterns for applications and services to enable them to meet the necessary non-functional requirements such as always on availability, scale and performance
- Establishing criteria and patterns for determining how applications and services are deployed across the physical and virtual servers within Data Centers and with Cloud – includes which applications/services would share physical boxes based on customer impacts, risk profiles, usage profiles, capacity requirements, performance criteria etc.
- Create and maintain an enterprise level prioritized roadmap with well-defined milestones to help us migrate to the target state
- Develop deployment decisions for key products in the technology stack to support data, analytics, transactions and customer experience.
- Establish design patterns for Cloud based deployment that include leveraging cloud based services, 12-factor cloud native and microservices to transform our current technology platform
- In collaboration with Information Security team, establish guidance on key management and encryption of sensitive data for Cloud deployments
- Organize, Lead and mentor a team of Application, Data, Infrastructure and Cloud architects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Experience in architecture of Capital Markets business capabilities
- Experience for end to end architecture and deployment of high speed Trading systems
- Understanding of the industry and regulatory practices for financial markets
- Understanding of the market risk characteristics of fixed income products including mortgage, debt, and interest rate derivatives
- Clearly communicates and presents analyses and results and persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data
- Demonstrated work experience in creation of architecture blue prints, architecture support for agile implementations
- Experience in driving architecture and business innovation thought process
- Experience in coaching and mentoring senior architects
- Technical knowledge of AWS public cloud, cloud native design, microservice architecture, design thinking, user experience, data analytics and security
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55496