Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer I
- Proficient in the fundamentals of unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Awareness of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Ability to learn and apply behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new or revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Understand and utilize Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- May respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- 1+ years of related experience
- 1+ years of experience in Java/JEE (Spring, Hibernate)
- 1+ experience with multi-tier application architectures and deployments
- Experience with Web Application servers such as (JBoss, WebLogic, etc.,)
- Experience with RESTful API’s and Web Services
- Ability to write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, is a self-starter, embraces continuous learning and improvement
Req ID: 55492