Fannie Mae Careers
Security Engineer I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and implement systems and procedures to sustain the security, integrity, and availability of the organization's data. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May participate in simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct platform or operating system vulnerability scans that assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Monitor Security Operations pager and respond to issues of potential viral activity, spam, phishing, etc.
- Administer controls and review their application to ensure that system's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Investigate events or incidents of apparent security breaches and report to appropriate authorities using corporate procedures.
- Confer and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that appropriate controls are installed, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- Conduct tests of the core infrastructure and the contingency environment for critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a computer security incident.
- Aggregate metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data; track trends and prepare for periodic security reports.
- Participate in projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks. May provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Examine and/or test new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with focusing stakeholders, assessing root cause of issues and making time sensitive recommendations.
- Strong experience conducting various projects and customer engagement to manage the delivery of service and expectations. Experience designing, integrating, and optimizing security solutions.
- Experience building and administering related alerting and monitoring systems.
- Capable of systems-level debugging and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network architecture, protocols, and standards.
- Ability to script or code in at least one language. (BASH, C#, PowerShell, Python preferred).
- Contribute towards documentation and our knowledge share, suggesting KB articles and enhancements to our baselines, runbooks, guides, setups and configurations.
- Expert at assessing non-standard client request.
- Strong capability of handling a variety of priorities and deliverables in an operational, interruption driven environment with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Experience working with collaborative teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong documentation, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55488