Fannie Mae Careers
Application Support Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Fannie Mae’s Production Support team in Reston, VA is looking for someone to help provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. You will answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software as well as act as a Technical Lead for the team. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application. May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff. Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience leading the team and working with all levels of management, acting as the liaison and central point of contact for production issues.
- Extensive experience with release management for business-critical applications.
- Working on the release management with different applications and shared services across the enterprise and communicating the release status to a wide range of personnel and management levels.
- Strong understanding of UNIX/LINUX environment with the ability to automate day to day production tasks using Python, Perl, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to gather data during incident resolution.
- Extensive experience with job scheduling software.
- Extensive knowledge in TIBCO or any messaging services.
- In- Depth knowledge of Incident management/Change management and problem management process.
- Ability to provide guidance or technical input to staff dealing with bugs, production issues, and the like.
- Experience consulting with team members and/or management of other business units, technology infrastructure units and development groups whose applications are being supported to coordinate efforts to support applications in 24/7 production environment.
- Database and programming background in Java.
- Experience with AWS or cloud technologies.
- Ability to be self-motivated and be able to lead your team in high stress environments.
- In depth knowledge of Single-Family and mortgage backed security acquisition process flow.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55483