Fannie Mae Careers
Director, Talent Acquisition
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Is responsible for designing strategic recruiting plans across multiple business groups, based on enterprise strategic priorities, business needs and workforce plans. Consults with the business and partners with HR colleagues on their recruitment needs. Leads a team of recruiters / talent advisors to deliver innovative recruiting solutions and hire exceptional talent for Fannie Mae. Partners with Talent Acquisition colleagues to deliver against enterprise level hiring priorities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrating excellent business acumen, partner with the business to understand their strategic priorities, goals and talent strategies. Design strategic talent acquisition plans to meet talent needs based on human capital strategies and workforce plans.
- Build and maintain relationships within client groups and serve as a single point of contact and thought leader for clients. Utilize data and analytics to advise business and HR colleagues on strategic talent decisions.
- Contribute to the design of the overall recruitment strategy for the enterprise in partnership with other recruiting leaders and in support of overall HR strategic objectives.
- Oversee and guide execution of the recruiting strategy for assigned divisions. Monitor and report on progress of recruiting strategy on a regular basis.
- Regularly evaluate quantitative and qualitative information to ensure Talent Acquisition team members are meeting the expectations of the business while providing a positive candidate experience. Evaluate recruiting metrics and team performance and identify opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Maintain recruiting process excellence by ensuring that the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers are following internal policies and procedures, accurately tracking and/or reporting metrics and maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Confer with in-house counsel, outside counsel, and, where necessary, with government or regulatory agencies regarding the organization's recruitment policies and practices applicable to assigned divisions and how they are affected by legal or regulatory considerations.
- Lead and develop a team of talent advisors to deliver innovative recruiting solutions for multiple client groups. Oversee a newly created team of recruiters supporting a flexible model designed to deliver against critical role profiles for the enterprise.
- Thoughtfully evaluate team capacity and requisition volumes, aligning resources to business priorities and foreseeing potential challenges. Set clear performance expectations, coaching and developing the team to achieve individual and team goals.
- Lead teams to share market intelligence and best practices to develop effective sourcing strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Exemplary leadership and consultative skills.
- Subject matter expert regarding best-in-class recruiting strategies.
- Leadership, coaching and people management experience is required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, gain credibility and build strong relationships with business and HR colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead multiple projects / strategic initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence decision makers.
- Works well under pressure and with time constraints.
- Knowledge of US federal, state and local employment laws.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55482