Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Payroll Manager will oversee the payroll process through the partnership with ADP. Responsible for overseeing and supporting processes for paying employees and compiling payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and perform all activities necessary to process multi-state payroll and account for related transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes and third party payments).
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems. Analyze and implement best practices. Recommend and support system enhancements.
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies. Establish and monitor appropriate controls, policies, and procedures within payroll unit.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing guidance and direction. Indirectly supervise and coach payroll staff and assistants.
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits. Respond to Audit, consultant, and other stakeholder inquiries and requests.
- Collaborate with business unit partners, such as Human Resources, IT, Legal.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
- Recommend changes in methods and procedures to improve efficiency of the payroll function.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in both in-house and outsourced multi-state payroll processing in a large company environment
- Experience working cross-functionally with Human Resources, Benefits, and Compensation Departments
- Ability to work in a changing environment and adapt easily; work flexibly, effectively and willingly as part of a team
- Experience in process improvements and workflow management
- Experience with outsourced payroll vendor, ADP Vantage
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- CPP - Certified Payroll Processor required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55478