Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Economist II
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Apply advanced financial or economic analytical methods and models to value assets, assess pricing or risk under varying economic scenarios, and evaluate economic benefits of Credit Guarantee. Use these tools to develop and quantify risk management strategies for mortgage-based assets or their derivatives. Assess prospective economic and regulatory capital requirements for portfolio assets under varying economic conditions. Develop or provide guidance to the development of computer applications that perform or produce various pricing, capital requirements, risk management, or hedging analyses.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Examine data in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services of assigned business unit(s).
- Examine particular products of assigned business unit and analyze using standard and some sophisticated econometric or quantitative models to assess risk, predict future trends, and determine the efficacy of current analytical standards or models.
- Prepare periodic analyses or reports regarding operating results used by business unit management to make marketing, pricing, and product management or risk management decisions over the short to midterm.
- Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models for the update of business unit products in use in client sites for loan application, credit review, underwriting, and the like.
- Perform economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when necessary, for review by business unit management, corporate risk management, or senior management in order to support strategic, regulatory, or risk management decisions.
- May collaborate with the model development team to develop, in a test or laboratory environment, improvements to analytical models used in production mode.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Familiarity with secondary mortgage market and related business, finance, and economic concepts
- Advanced proficiency in SAS and SQL programming languages, and basic competency with one or more other statistical packages (e.g. R, MATLAB, Stata, etc.)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Other programming expertise (C, Java, Python, UNIX shell scripting, etc.)
- Self-sufficient at resolving complicated technical and conceptual challenges
- Conscientious attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency in analytical work
- Adept at communicating complex analyses visually, orally, and in writing
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55473