Fannie Mae Careers
Lead Software Engineer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently hiring a Lead Software Engineer who will lead and evangelize Test Automation strategies. You will lead application automation and testing of large scale mission critical systems. Applies significant automation architecture and test methodology expertise to ensure quality and reliability of our systems. Applies expertise in market and industry trends to further Fannie Mae testing frameworks, accelerators and methodologies.
These Agile Teams are working on building capabilities to price all Fannie Mae assets & liabilities to market price. The application is transitioning towards a microservices & micro front-end based architecture using technologies like React, Spring, Spring Cloud, Python, EDL & Data Visualization. Our management philosophy is based on servant leadership. Our architectural philosophy is Evolutionary Architecture. We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Integrates engineering and product teams in designing and developing enterprise-level automated test methodologies.
- Leads product development team in writing actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories
- Researches market and industry trends in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system. Anticipates product development team needs for specialized test tools and frameworks.
- Evaluate and improve testing methodologies and enterprise frameworks for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with Java/JEE (or another type of full-stack development experience)
· Strong experience in building and driving TDD & BDD in application development in an Agile environment.
· Experience with Test Automation tools including but not limited to: Selenium, Gherkin, Jest and Enzyme
· Passionate about driving change and self-motivated individuals.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55467