Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Technology team in Herndon, VA is currently hiring a Senior Software Engineer who will lead the design, development, and implementation of next-generation applications.
These Agile Teams are working on building capabilities to price all Fannie Mae assets & liabilities to market price. The application is transitioning towards a microservices & micro front-end based architecture using technologies like React, Spring, Spring Cloud, Python, EDL & Data Visualization. Our management philosophy is based on servant leadership. Our architectural philosophy is Evolutionary Architecture. We operate on agile principles, giving the teams the decision-making capabilities and time to innovate, mature & evolve.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies.
- Experience in working as a technical lead and ability to collaborate and work with stakeholders across multiple groups
- Experience designing and building microservices using Spring and Spring Cloud.
- Experience with developing/deploying apps in AWS or Docker
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services and Web APIs
- Hands-On experience with Oracle Database development and tools
- Ability to lead multiple teams in an Agile environment
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55465