Fannie Mae Careers
Project Manager II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of projects, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess compliance of development process with accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to project staff. May plan, document, manage and evaluate staff performance, or contribute to evaluation by their managers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Drive and implement medium to complex projects for enterprise Information Security initiatives to continuously be a critical part in protecting Fannie Mae.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff and completing accurate forecasting.
- Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define requirements, scope and schedule.
- Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses along with project status, appropriate for the audience.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
- Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Possess strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Be comfortable speaking in front of varied business/technical audiences to deliver project updates.
- Proactively identify risks, issues along with solution identification.
- Partner with IT and business functions to lead, manage, and direct cross-functional resources throughout the program lifecycle.
- Strong analytical/quantitative and problem solving skills combined with information technology and/or information security knowledge.
- Expert knowledge and experience with project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and all phases of SDLC.
- Identify critical path decisions, recommendations and influence workstreams to deliver effective solutions and maximize project execution efficiency.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55463