Fannie Mae Careers
Strategic Planning Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Apply comprehensive knowledge of strategic planning principles, concepts, practices, and standards in analyzing market trends, developing and implementing long term business strategy, and monitoring results. Prepare and review complex reports. Perform research and analyses requested by management. May train staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and/or maintain significant portions of strategy, strategic plans, and related processes. Provide consulting support. Draft documents and coordinate deliverables.
- Conduct market research. Identify, analyze, and interpret key competitive issues and opportunities. Assess implications of market developments.
- Maintain potential or current customer documentation in areas such as volume, size, market share, or industry activity.
- Analyze business performance and monthly self assessments against objectives. Collaborate with business units to resolve concerns.
- Identify and recommend metrics that drive and measure business performance.
- Perform complex strategic planning projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong data skills; ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills; experience with independent leadership in this area is helpful but not mandatory
- Demonstrate experience with detailed data analysis, preferable in the mortgage/financial services industry, investment banking, strategy consulting, and lending industries
- Demonstrated strong experience with and understanding of financial statements, including experience in analyzing financial statements and corporate results
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management
- Excellent writing skills and developing research reports
- Financial modelling and data analytics, preferred
- Experience with R, Tableau, and/or SAS, preferred
- MS, CFA or other relevant professional certifications, preferred
- Overall 5+ years of work experience, preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55453