Fannie Mae Careers
Quantitative Analyst I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The primary maintainer, ad hoc researcher, and tester for infrastructure or data product releases or improvements. Typically engaged with business team associates to flesh out deeper understanding of specific business processes in order to make improvements on existing analytic products. Under the guidance of other analysts, will often engaged in supervised report or metric development.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interfaces effectively and collaboratively with business customers and other areas of the analytics division to provide solutions for business problems.
- Engages in day to day development of technical products and research into problem remediation.
- May be involved as a contributor to creative design, technical implementation, and user interfaces for team-developed products.
- Contributes heavily to data product development as a researcher and vetter of business logic. They are also expected to be users of data products developed by themselves or other team members.
- Responsible for compliance with all levels of governance and best practices in implementation and automation.
- Reasonably proficient in at least one of the following items: working with data both institutional and outside of the company, building intuitive and meaningful reporting or analytic explorative items for personal or business consumption, being technically capable of full development cycle including continued automation and quality control best practices, and assisting business users with understanding of final product.
- Contributes toward the shared team research agenda as builders.
- Meets often with business partners to ensure business concerns are being adequately addressed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong technical fundamentals in programming and experience with SAS, R, SQL, or other; data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to conduct analysis independently to address complex business problems / issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in providing insights and/or explaining complex analysis to business partners.
- Ability to systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and evaluate data, including data mining and time series analysis, and to design intuitive data visualizations and key business metrics.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and the energy to take on a growing portfolio of responsibilities.
- Experience in financial services/banking industry and mortgage industry preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55444