Fannie Mae Careers
Credit Risk Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Develop, recommend, and implement credit risk standards for products or assets the company finances or underwrites. Assess and approve credit limits and monitor credit exposure for routine and complex transactions. Apply credit management models to current assets or underwritten products to recommend shifts in collateral or reserves to mitigate credit risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct credit analyses using standard and more advanced methods and tools of aggregated data provided by lenders, clients of the organization, or other sources of data.
- Examine risk elements of proposed deal, purchase, or existing relationship with a client and make recommendations to management regarding continuing to closure, or additional credit enhancements needed to make deal more acceptable.
- Create or assign credit scores to aggregated data from multiple loans based on the company's proprietary underwriting or loan origination software.
- May take lead in maintaining data integrity of proprietary credit rating or underwriting applications and assist as a business-end user in their systems enhancements.
- Research value frauds and patterns, initiate and contribute to new tools for detecting value-related fraud. Make recommendations for new policies to minimize fraud and control other risks more effectively.
- May make recommendations on pricing of products or assigning of risk levels based on analysis of credit risk of loans, transactions, or proposed contract.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and problem solving, ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful recommendations
- At least 2 years of cross functional Project Management experience is required with demonstrated success in the Fannie Mae environment a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate across functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in explaining analysis, trends and drivers to business partners
- Must be a self-starter, motivated to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining accuracy
- Advanced MS Office skills (e.g. Excel vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas) preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) technologies such as Tableau, Microstrategy, or Spotfire is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55438