Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Software Engineer - Capital Markets
- In an Agile environment, participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing and in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Serve as system subject matter expert
- Execute problem solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of large scale applications.
- Contribute to test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- At least 6 years' experience in software engineering using core Java, server-side Java technologies.
- Full Stack J2EE developer with strong understanding of all tiers especially Web/Middleware layer.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns and data structures
- Strong experience with Spring (Core, MVC, Security, Boot) framework and Hibernate object-relational mapping framework.
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Angular, Backbone, and JQuery.
- Experience with WebServices (REST/SOAP) and data formats like JSON and XML.
- Experience in Agile software development methods such as Scrum preferred.
- Experience with UNIX, LINUX scripting is a plus.
- Experience with SVN (Subversion), GitHub, Eclipse/STS, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of relational Databases, Oracle SQL, stored procedures required.
- Experience with AWS Native Services like ELB, S3, Lambda, and PostgreSQL
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55419