Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analyst IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Examine financial asset, real asset, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow, using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decision.
- Confer with business unit management and staff to acquire operating or financial data for analysis. Using this data, conduct standard or ad hoc analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives.
- Lead or consult on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to track trends. May consolidate work done by other analysts into final tables or report.
- Develop/prepare/continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit, product line, client group or market segment. Report monthly actual performance against forecast and develop analysis for variances.
- Develop queries to obtain financial data requested by users within the company, including the data validation. Coordinate the development of data files, the validation in the acceptance phase, and the migration of the data requirements to the production.
- Play technical or project lead role on specific analytical project; provide guidance to less senior analysts; may provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objective.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Analyze financial results for multiple Business Units using typically industry/company standard analytical tools or measures.
- Contribute analyses to report(s) being prepared for business unit management to aid in making financial, client, acquisition, or other business decisions.
- Be responsible for the annual budget and monthly administrative expense forecasting for one or more Business Units
- Play a senior role in and assist month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to identify or track trends.
- Lead engagements with Business Unit management and have the ability to conduct meetings with senior stakeholders on financial results / analysis or other reporting
- Lead efforts on completing Business Case Financial Plans for Project Finance and work with Program Managers on financial planning and analysis of new or in-flight programs
- Ability to collaborate and work across multiple divisions
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55410