Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Data Management Analyst
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
As part of our growing Enterprise Data Management organization, the Senior Data Management Analyst will be responsible for managing, updating and governing Third Party Data contracts. You will be responsible for relationship management and consulting with a variety of internal stakeholders across Enterprise Fannie Mae: Single-Family, Multi-Family, Capital Markets, Legal, Procurement, Internal Audit teams, etc. You will also be responsible maintaining the Financial Information Tracking system (COTS solution).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners, technical partners, and representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate their requirements regarding data, and ensure they are meet the needs and conform to the enterprise standards.
- Perform any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities, documents information flows.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data management capabilities.
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best practices.
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, exhibiting how better data management practices improve business value.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing business value.
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization.
- Contribute to developing and communicating corporate and regulatory standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data, and to the compliance framework for tracking the implementation of these standards.
- Request and track reporting from departmental units on use of and security standards for data used in variety of databases and warehouses.
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines for data subject to specific regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with organizational units concerned with risk management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards and practices are consistent.
- Strong stakeholder and client engagement experience is required
- Ability to listen, translate, articulate and drive home business/technical concepts effectively as well as recommend solutions, when liaising with various stakeholders (data stewards, enterprise modeling, enterprise risk, and senior management)
- Knowledge and understanding of enterprise data standards and principles to drive best practices around data management activities and solutions
- Ability to lead the evaluation and automation of manual procedures in support of maturing data governance functions
- Familiarity with COTS tools in order to pull reports and ability to leverage SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages
- Advanced Excel experience
- Prior experience with Automation, Tableau Dashboards and/or SharePoint is a major plus
- Experience with Data Lakes, AWS or Cloud environments is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55403