Fannie Mae Careers
Mortgage Operations Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage a team engaged in performing duties related to managing Single Family loan and MBS pool transactions, including overseeing customer (lenders, servicers, and internal partners) performance, to ensure data accuracy, adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall unit strategy. Collaborate with customers and internal system/ application owners to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to production and processing activities; ensure proper documentation, timely and accurate execution and effective resource allocation. Direct the team in executing complex transactions, project management and the resolution of business problems.
- Oversee the development and delivery of management reporting including staff forecasting, metrics reports, and regulatory reports; enhance reports as stakeholder needs change.
- Participate in all aspects of strategic initiatives including collaboration across functions such as audit, business stakeholders, technology and many other divisions.
- Support servicing of customer portfolio to monitor funding and delivery accuracy and customer performance.
- Build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to achieve results in a satisfactory way for all parties. Translate customer needs to inform strategic initiatives and operational processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Ensure adherence to internal controls. Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives focused on strengthening internal controls and providing operational efficiencies.
- Identify and define new products, business initiatives, and operational impacts. Drives process improvement, efficiency, and cost management.
- Collaborate with customers and internal system/ application owners to ensure the technology environment is stable and meets the business's needs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules. Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in a financial institution, mortgage operations, public accounting, large corporate internal audit, or operations preferred; experience in mortgage banking or financial institutions strongly desired.
- Successful candidate will have people management experience including responsibility for performance reviews, coaching, motivating, monitoring workload and other career development activities.
- Successful candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with managing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Experience in developing an in-depth understanding of all areas assigned and the ability to leverage that knowledge to assist staff in prompt issue resolution and process/control improvements. Individual must have the training and experience to understand and analyze complex business and technical issues and possess a solid understanding of Fannie Mae's business.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55395