Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Risk Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Study and review business processes within the finance division or other divisions that impact the financial statements; examine documentation and flow of work through systems. Consult on SOX risk and controls. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in finance division or other divisions that impact the financial statements; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Assess adequacy of internal controls, documentation, backup/redundancy procedures intended to ensure continuing and secure operations.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation.
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business processes impacting internal controls over financial statements, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- May support overall IT control practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- 4+ years of related experience such as accounting, risk assessment, audit, risk management, internal control, etc
- Understanding of internal controls over financial reporting and Sarbanes Oxley act
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change
- Ability to interact effectively throughout the organization, develop cooperative relationships, and collect information
- Ability to present findings/issues to team management
- Demonstrated knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations as it internal controls over financial reporting highly preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55392