Fannie Mae Careers
Governance Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Governance Analyst III is responsible for leveraging expert level knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective implementation of the organization's governance, risk, and compliance programs. May recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, compliance testing, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Develops and manages the implementation of operational and governance requirement for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Conducts risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk, or compliance programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Responsible for SME level knowledge of the supported businesses, overseeing complex processes and regulations in support of the implementation of operational governance, risk and compliance of the policy and procedure manual.
- Provide SME Overview of Expense Reimbursement processing (loan tag, claim level exceptions, business approval, submittable timeframe, etc.).
- Provide SME Overview of Non-Expense Reimbursement processes including Collection Processes, HUD Claim Packaging, and Investor Pre-Approvals, Hazard Claims, and Advance Funding Solutions.
- Provide SME level ability to analyze results of case review and validating the accuracy of reviews done by other processors.
- Provide SME level ability to complete assigned case reviews accurately.
- Provide SME level ability to accurately analyze claims already decisioned by business partners and vendors for compliance and governance risk management alignment.
- Ability to provide SME level methodological compliance to escalated claims ensuring governance, policy and procedures guidance and risk factors are adhered to.
- Provide SME level ability to perform analysis of daily workload ensuring compliance with Fannie Mae's policies
- Proficient in creating and delivering presentations via PowerPoint
- Proficient in complex data analysis and able to identify trends and anomalies.
- Ability to create and deliver scorecards to internal staff and vendors.
- Ability to assist in creation and updates to procedures and job aids.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55390