Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Creative Writer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Utilize broad expertise or unique knowledge in leading and performing assignments related to creating internal company messaging and communications that engage employees and drive understanding of company priorities. Develop new concepts, techniques, and standards. Exercise independent judgment in conducting research and determining methods and procedures on significant employee communications challenges. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the development and execution of plans to support the firm's key messages, strategic priorities, and brand storytelling that excite, educate, and build employee understanding and engagement.
- Manage internal relationships. Assess internal client needs and draft and execute strategic communications plans to meet those needs. May act as internal consultant for assigned business areas and cross-functional teams.
- Plan, write, edit, and craft messages to include organizational updates, blogs, success stories, and brand-relevant journalism. Engage with creative services to deliver messages in high-impact ways from video to events, infographics, presentations, webcasts, vlogs, and others across the communications mix.
- Identify, assess, and report on trends and opportunities to improve communications based on content analysis, metrics, user feedback, and research. Make recommendations.
- Oversee relationships with external vendors. Identify economies to reduce expenses and save time.
- May lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity and at the highest levels of the organization.
- Lead the development of standards, procedures, and adoption of best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to understand user experience with a laser-like focus for creating the best content for the user.
- Possesses strong knowledge of marketing as a whole with understanding of digital content creation
- Able to produce easy-to-read content with an ability to make complex topics simple
- Passion for creative writing and developing an attention-grabbing headlines or openers
- Using the correct style, knowledge of AP Style
- Expert editor with sharp eye for grammar, style, and consistency.
- Ability to gauge writing samples for brand journalism expertise to support broader projects
- Ability to work with multiple and diverse internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of financial services and the project management tool Workfront
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55371