Fannie Mae Careers
Chief of Staff I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to performance management, financial management, compliance/operational discipline, and staffing issues for a business unit or a corporate office headed by an officer. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Assume a lead role within the team. May also have Project Management Office responsibility. Reports to a Vice President.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assume a key role in developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies to achieve the unit's long-term goals and objectives. Recommend actions.
- Manage day-to-day administrative matters related to budget, technology, space, and procurement, among others. Collaborate with staff in improving internal administrative processes. Oversee financial management of budgets, including allocations.
- Develop, track, and assess key performance measures across the business unit. Develop management reports. Provide relevant data for unit monthly reports.
- Coordinate with Human Resources in planning and managing the staffing needs of the unit.
- Manage regulatory, SOX, and corporate compliance efforts. Manage information classification and security and privacy matters.
- Support company-wide, board/executive level, and external communication and presentation requests.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- May also have Project Management Office responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Excellent track record of operating as a strategic partner, supporting senior leadership with establishing, communicating, and executing on key strategies to move both organizational culture and business objectives forward.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Experience managing a high energy cross functional team
- Ability to build relationships quickly and collaborate with a team, demonstrating excellent facilitation skills to bring a variety of stakeholders together to solve complex challenges
- Ability to manage multiple unrelated areas of responsibility simultaneously and under time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to seek out relevant information broadly across the company and condense and synthesize for use in a variety of ways
- Strong judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Must be proactive, assertive and possess strong project management and organizational skills
- Track and resolve open issues with functional business leads
- Excellent written and communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55363