Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Work under the supervision of the Internal Audit Manager or Director and assist with planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principles. Develop and demonstrate generalized knowledge of the mortgage industry and Fannie Mae's business operations. Work assignments are completed with supervision from more senior team members. Work is moderate in scope and complexity. Knowledge is applied to resolve routine issues, as necessary.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with audit planning and drafting initial audit scope. Document details of planning and walkthrough meetings. Assist in identifying controls to mitigate potential risk factors within assigned process/areas. Contribute to the development and maintenance of risk-based audit plans. Develop, document and execute audit test steps in partnership with more senior team members.
- Assist in evaluating controls and in identifying control gaps. Conduct substantive testing, such as tests of detailed activities and transactions or analytical review tests, to obtain audit evidence.
- Document and maintain sufficient supporting information (such as flowcharts of end-to-end business processes) and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with work paper standards. Identify and discuss audit findings with audit team and document exceptions. Assist with drafting audit reports and key deliverables (e.g., ICIs).
- Collaborate and share knowledge with audit teams across the Internal Audit organization, as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Prior audit or SOX experience preferred
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively apply judgement to reach appropriately reasoned conclusions
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55349