Fannie Mae Careers
Relationship Manager I - National Customer Delivery Team
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, work to optimize relationships on external SF customer accounts supported by the National Customer Delivery Team under a support model that balances scale and investment with the "personal touch" for SF's smaller and developing lenders. Facilitate the contract process, and promote and sell the firm's products and services. Prepare accurate, current, and accessible reports.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the development of account strategies to achieve goals. Working closely with the CAM II / CAM III, and management, develop, implement, and monitor customized business solutions to meet both Fannie Mae and customer goals and objectives.
- Support affordable lending initiatives for territory
- With the support of management, provide higher touch (in person touches, quarterly check ins) support to key emerging customers
- Working with management, evaluate and anticipate National Customer needs
- Respond to customer requests and maintain broad customer relationships
- Assure compliance with all policies, procedures and delegations as it relates to customer engagement.
- With support from the CAM II / CAM III and management, participate in internal and external negotiations and drive alignment related to key goals and objectives.
- Drive lender understanding of available reporting, tools and resources to manage lender risk and Fannie Mae risk. Drive adoption of self service opportunities
- Actively participate on special project teams, as needed. Inform corporate strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Understanding of the comprehensive end-to-end mortgage process.
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with customers. Ability to operate the territory from both a macro- and microeconomic standpoint. Can anticipate and evaluate customer needs, assess root causes, gaps and opportunities and apply business knowledge and capabilities to develop practical solutions.
- Effective personal presence, possessing a high level of energy and confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to be responsive to client inquiries and needs.
- Is an effective communicator who listens to customers and colleagues with expertise, and is able influence outcomes.
- Embraces and leads through change, while concurrently identifying new opportunities.
- Ability to operate independently in ambiguous situations, and can concurrently move work forward.
- Ability to effectively prioritize the work to meet corporate goals and business needs.
- Ability to drive productive, mutually-beneficial senior management relationships (internally & externally) resulting in accretive business, regardless of price.
- If not residing in Washington, DC, this position needs to travel to DC 5-6 times per year for a co-location work week at company headquarters.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55344