Fannie Mae Careers
Cyber Intelligence Analyst
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design and administer procedures in the organization that sustain the security of the organization's data and access to its technology and communications systems. Assess risk of exposure of proprietary data through weaknesses in platforms, access procedures, and forms of access to the organization's systems and the data contained in them. Track security violations and identify trends or exposures that could be addressed by additional training, technical measures, or use of application tools to enhance security. May lead or execute simulated attacks or security violations to assess the organization's data security measures.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct platform or operating system vulnerability scans which assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Respond to questions regarding viral activity, concerns about spam/phishing etc. Produce reports.
- Serve as organization's POC for the third party certification of security procedures and use of cyber security protections. Ensure that system's security controls, policies and procedures examined, measured and validated against third party standards.
- Design, plan and implement test strategies to support the core infrastructure in the contingency environment for all critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a major business interruption or disaster.
- Lead projects as related to technology refresh/evaluation such as Load Balancing and SSL technology. Research corrective measures (long term solutions) needed for any chronic issues identified that compromise security of particular systems or platforms.
- Participate in developing and testing of new methodologies and systems for recovery of the critical core business processes and the enterprise infrastructure.
- May serve as technical lead or project lead in projects involving testing defenses against hacking, Denial of service, spam, break-ins, or related attacks. Provide technical guidance to less senior staff or applications developers/systems administrators.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- General understanding of computer networking and computer functionality for network analysis
- Experience working with SIEMs like ArcSight and Splunk
- Experience with logging, aggregating and analyzing data sets
- Able to write and effectively communicate complex subjects
- Experience with Cyber Intelligence tools Anomali ThreatStream, Maltego, Recorded Future, PassiveTotal or similar tools a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
- Intelligence Experience a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55343