Fannie Mae Careers
Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Leads application automation and testing of large scale mission critical systems. Applies significant automation architecture and test methodology expertise to ensure quality and reliability of our systems. Applies expertise in market and industry trends to further Fannie Mae testing frameworks, accelerators and methodologies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Integrates engineering and product teams in designing and developing enterprise-level automated test methodologies.
- Leads product development team in writing actionable, testable product requirements in the form of user stories
- Researches market and industry trends in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system. Anticipates product development team needs for specialized test tools and frameworks.
- Evaluate and improve testing methodologies and enterprise frameworks for continuous improvement
Facilitates the design and development of automated test methodologies, collaborating with engineering and product teams to implement shift left techniques on test design and automation
Support test engineering efforts to implement enterprise frameworks to enhance overall testing capabilities. This includes developing and solutioning automation frameworks to handle new and existing automation patterns for existing and future tech stack and platforms.
Leverages leadership and coding expertise to leads product development team in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional tests of the system
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience required.
- Minimum 8+ years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 6+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation practices, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas desired.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices desired.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment desired.
- Experience working with SDET teams on providing technical guidance for automation desired.
- 6+ years’ experience hands-on technical lead, leading medium to large team(s)
- 5+ years application development experience using Agile methodologies
- 5+ years’ experience working in Java/JEE, JPA/Hibernate, Web services (REST), Rules frameworks
- 2+ years’ experience working in Angular and associated unit frameworks like Jasmin/Karma
- 5+ years’ experience working in UNIX based environments.
- Expertise in automation tools: Selenium, Rest-Assured, Selenide, Responsive Web Testing Tools like Applitools/Galen, Saucelabs
- Experience using code quality/coverage tools like SonarQube, CAST etc.
- Experience with load and scalability tools such as JMeter, BlazeMeter or LoadRunner
- Experience developing automated tests using or executing on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker containers
- Expertise in test frameworks: Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito, TestNG
- Proficiency in applying ATDD/BDD, TDD
- Proficiency with build tools: SVN, GIT, Crucible, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Nexus
- Strong SQL skills in Oracle
- Experience with agile management tools: JIRA, XRay
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and mentor staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55338