Fannie Mae Careers
Dev Ops Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference
as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Dev Ops Manager will manage a team of Dev Ops Engineers who work with the project team members to ensure controlled application releases to test and production environments. Releases include source code control, build and deployment management, environment configuration management and technical project management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop Release Management framework and implement standards, processes, and controls for release and deployment activities.
- Develop sound version control best practices based on COT CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Assist in developing best practices for software build tools (Maven) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins).
- Identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve environment and infrastructure needs to ensure a smooth running application.
- Establish and facilitate release team meetings (CRB/DRB) and pertaining to the release process release schedule through completion.
- Oversee the service reliability and software quality control for releases during SDLC.
- Plan and manage releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, and
- Production) including: ' Coordination of environment preparation, development and test activities ' Incident management of environments including the necessary communication to stakeholders ' Establish and Maintain environment configuration specification and deployment history environments, and communication to all stakeholders including clients Maintain environment stability, including Manage upgrade process ' preview environment, sandboxes, staging solution, etc ' Draft and track migration implementation plans through to closure
- Architect and implement metrics required to bring transparency in to the migration of code from development, testing, staging, through production.
- Manage the production release process and implementation plan that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform Identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve environment and infrastructure needs to ensure a smooth running application
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent require
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 7 + years of management experience leading highly technical teams and interacting with senior management
- Software Development full life cycle experience including support
- 7 + years of people management including hiring and development
- Strong Project/program planning, organizing and monitoring and reporting experience
- Experience in CI/CD along with experience in at least two of the following:
- Agile test automation and test strategies
- Performance engineering and testing
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience with SAFe methodology is a plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies is a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55335