Fannie Mae Careers
Director Financial Engineering
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Single Family Analytics (SFA) Capital Markets team is looking for an experienced director to own the development and maintenance of analytical applications supporting the Single-Family Capital Markets division. These systems are key components of Fannie Mae’s credit guaranty pricing and credit risk transfer (CRT) capabilities. The position would require knowledge of all aspects of Capital Markets business processes, models, applications, and data needs. The director will collaborate with the Capital Markets Analytics team and their customers in support of transactional analysis and reporting needs.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business unit(s) for whom financial engineers do analytical or product development work. Determine assets being bundled or analyzed for sale, or analytical purposes for which the engineers' work is intended.
- Assign work in unit to achieve certain analytical objectives to staff best suited to accomplish. Provide guidance and technical assistance to staff and track progress toward completion of analytical objectives.
- Research and document engineered products and their underlying methods as they trade or are introduced in financial markets. Provide technical assistance to product development and marketing staff who are developing the corporation's products for sale.
- Establish methodology for analytical tools being rendered into proprietary software applications; guide project management staff, testing staff, and application development staff as to the unit's requirements for financial engineering software.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related area of study is preferred
- 10+ years of related work experience is preferred
- Deep knowledge of:
- Single Family mortgage industry and related securities (MBS, CRT, PLS, etc.)
- Fixed Income markets and related analysis
- Mortgage performance models and related data
- Economic capital and credit costing applications
- Regulatory capital (Basel, CCF, etc.)
- Enterprise class J2EE web application architecture and development
- Database optimization, RDBMS and ETL
- Experience working with Oracle, Netezza, AWS, Java, Spring/Angular, shell scripts
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts and data analysis results with business users
- Creative and self-motivated; excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop proficiency in new skills rapidly focused on solving business problems
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55328