Fannie Mae Careers
Non-Technical Project Manager III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to overseeing and managing the operational aspects of one or more projects within a business unit. Participate in strategic planning, determining issues, and assessing future needs to identify projects that achieve business goals and objectives and/or improve or streamline functions. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving on highly significant matters. Monitor daily operations and provide direction to subordinate staff. May operate cross-functionally within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities to advance the work of one or more projects. Plan, document, review, and manage subordinate performance.
- Develop implementation plans. Allocate and coordinate resources. Align with other projects. Develop methods for monitoring project progress. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results.
- Develop, monitor, and review project budgets. Verify expenditures vs. actual. Explain variances.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and staff meetings.
- Manage administrative tasks to include access requests, space management, equipment procurement and tracking, and contractor requisitions and work orders.
- Develop, implement, and share best practices and tools in areas such as technology development, project management, risk management, change management, document retention and management, and post-implementation review.
- Develop, implement, and document procedures. Adhere to corporate and business unit standards and procedures. Obtain required approvals.
- Provide technology support and input. Support opportunities for technology improvements. Make recommendations for enhancements.
- Manage key internal and external relationships. Identify and resolve project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts. Ensure positive outcomes.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Advanced Project Management knowledge and skill; experience leading large-scale projects with minimal supervision
- Expert knowledge and experience developing and managing a Strategic Budget Roadmap required
- Ability to work independently, exercise appropriate action and good business judgment, manage multiple priorities, maintain control of workflow, and be flexible and adaptive to change and ambiguity to drive a project forward
- Must be highly resourceful and able to complete work with minimal guidance
- Strong independent judgment, influencing, consulting, and collaboration skills to work effectively at all levels to drive a project forward in a complex environment
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal with all stakeholders
- Experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations; advanced PowerPoint skills required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; advanced Excel skills required
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55320