Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Market Researcher
- Partners with business units to scope and define research projects that deliver actionable findings to address business needs
- Leads and executes analytical projects based on various data sources, including primary and secondary data, using advanced research methods and statistical analysis techniques
- Analyses and interprets data to identify patterns and solutions; converts complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Communicates results and their implications in a manner that will be easily understood by non-technical professionals; advises business units or senior management on how to best use research findings
- Seeks new applications for datasets and analytical methods
- Devise and evaluate methods for obtaining and analyzing data
- Apply data management skills to manage and/or compile large complex research dataset from multiple sources (e.g. consumer surveys, macroeconomic data series, in-house loan mortgage data, etc.) and multiple formats (SAS, Oracle, Excel etc.)
- Monitors external vendors to ensure ROI and contract compliance while minimizing overall spend
- Collect and synthesize consumer, marketplace, and competitor trends needed to support analysis from multiple sources
- Brainstorm new processes, products or experiences in concert with owners across various teams
- Leverage a data-driven approach to turn insights from the team into strategic recommendations for the business; Collaborate with business units to resolve concerns
- Establish metrics and measurement programs to define success for an initiative and monitor results
- Contribute to Executive, Board and Regulator strategic planning and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Graduate degree preferred
- 4-6 years of related experience
- 2+ years' applied experience in advanced analytics, market research, product development, or marketing science industry or a related field, consistently delivering actionable and practical results.
- Substantial experience leading the design and execution of market research projects (strategy and design, instrument development, programming and fielding, analysis and presentation of insights).
- Experience with the design and execution of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- B2B and B2C market research experience a plus.
- Experience consulting on market research (either internal corporate research or research provider).
- Able to work autonomously with direction as needed.
- Able to communicate effectively and influence across levels and functions through verbal and written formats.
- Ability to communicate the value of research and provide thought leadership in the field of market research.
- Ability to manage a large volume of work and high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to project manage their own work to meet deadlines.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55316