Fannie Mae Careers
Accounting Support III – Accounts Payable
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
As part of the Accounts Payable team, the Accounting Support III will operate under general supervision in performing a broad range of duties related to financial business transaction with a focus on invoice processing and accounts payable. Recommend action to resolve discrepancies. Compile data and prepare a variety of reports. May have lead responsibility.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process invoices; charge expenses to accounts or cost centers by analyzing invoices and setting invoices up for payment.Research and resolve invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and ACH transactions.
- Verify, sort, post, and check claims, bills, invoices, vouchers, and other financial data. May be responsible for posting and maintaining a series of accounts.
- Post journal or voucher entries, reconcile accounts, and closes ledgers. Ensure that entries are complete, accurate, logical, and auditable.
- Reconcile bank and financial statements and reports.
- Ensure quality customer service by responding to e-mails and phone calls. Research customer/vendor inquiries.
- Ensure adherence to laws and regulations.
- Maintain records and files.
- Perform analyses and reviews of data.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- 3+ years Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of general accounting procedures and principles
- PeopleSoft experience preferred but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work in a high volume, team driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to interact with various internal and external customers
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55314