Fannie Mae Careers
Senior UI & Salesforce Developer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create or update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Good understanding of getting requirements in the form of UI/UX visuals wireframes and mock-ups, and replicating these wireframes into workable code
- Experience in using responsive web design (RWD) to create applications that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes/devices, and supporting multiple browsers
- Good understanding of mobile OS capabilities and how to code in Salesforce stack to best leverage these capabilities
- Experience in testing applications from a usability perspective and proactively identify and fix UI issues, in partnership with UX team
- Experience in working with both back-end developers and UI/UX design teams
- 2+ years’ of experience in Salesforce development including Salesforce Configuration tools, Lightning Framework and Visualforce
- Experience implementing custom Salesforce components through Salesforce Lightning Design System is preferred
- Salesforce back-end development experience preferred, including Apex, Triggers, SOQL, SOAP and REST API, and/or Salesforce data migration tools
- Full lifecycle software implementation experience utilizing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices, preferably in an Agile environment
- Salesforce Certifications are preferable
- Working knowledge of Salesforce release and change management processes
- Experience utilizing tools such as JIRA, Rally, Rational DOORS, Bitbucket, GitHub and/or Subversion
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate key Salesforce performance indicators to all levels of the company
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55303