Fannie Mae Careers
Community Lending Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Applies comprehensive understanding of internal customers and external partners with considerable latitude to optimize relationships for productive outreach activities and facilitates the outreach process to promote and sell the firms products and services. Prepare and review complex reports, summaries to informs decisions or develop community lending strategies. Additionally is responsible for managing relationships with the local housing and community development customers and partners. Ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Provide value-added expertise to internal and external parties. Utilize wide-ranging background to conduct research and problem-solving
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform activities related to business partner outreach across the targeted market and nationally as needed
- Safeguard the firm's assets and minimize operational, reputational and financial risk. Oversee adherence to corporate policies and procedures
- Attain specified individual, team and divisional outreach volume goals on a quarterly and annual basis. Contribute to the development of the goals and the evaluation of the results
- Gather local / regional market information and trends for internal and external consumption. Identify broader trends that may inform new product development.
- Serve as liaison to internal customers, lenders, industry partners to strategize and align processes in order to promote Community Lending, increase Company exposure and increase access to credit in targeted markets through outreach.
- Utilize analytical tools to monitor production, implement efficiencies, and reduce costs. Must become versed in these tools and systems in order to effectively manage the day to day processes
- Report to the Director and senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts. Coordinate business development activities in conjunction with other Fannie Mae business units and partner throughout Fannie Mae to leverage our local presence as a strategic asset
- May complete projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Experience in building relationships with single family mortgage lenders and community-based stakeholders to promote and grow affordable lending.
- Must have experience in communicating with executives and collaborating cross-functionally with different business units.
- Must be able to leverage knowledge of affordable housing market to develop and lead execution of lender and/or market-based affordable strategies.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of end-to-end single-family mortgage process
- Experience in public speaking for both presentations and training sessions.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55287